With a glossy appeal of Hollywood, postcard-perfect beaches, and a lively food and nightlife scene, Los Angeles has all the ingredients for a perfect city break. Whether you want to mingle with the A-listers or enjoy the natural beauty of the coast, there are seemingly endless things to do in the city of Angels...
With year round balmy temps, ubiquitous palm tress, and a buzzing vibe, it’s hard to not put L.A. on our go-to vacays of the year! Start with the world-famous Hollywood, aka Tinseltown that boasts an international rep like no other neighbourhood in Los Angeles! Spot your favourite celebrities along the popular Walk of Fame or simply head to Universal Studios for a tour and thrilling rides! For a full-blown glitz of the Hollywood lifestyle, head to the sprawling strip of Sunset Boulevard for top-notch clubs, concert halls, dive bars and theaters for the best music in L.A.
From Malibu to the South Bay, there are plenty of beaches to soak up the sun in L.A. But if you care about a rather cool, hippy vibe with eclectic characters, scantily clad beachgoers, and out-of-this-world graffiti then we strongly recommend, the Venice Beach. Take a stroll along the boardwalk (beach’s claim to fame), get acquainted with its quirky feel and indulge in the unique food options along Abbot Kinney Boulevard. Alternatively, you can also head to El Matador Beach to catch the perfect sunset with your loved one or hop on the surfboard for Malibu’s perfect surf spot, the Surfrider Beach. After all, life is a beach…
From restaurants and cafés to clubs and bars, there's no dearth of great food or drinks options in Los Angeles. We recommend:
1. For the best cocktails: For classic drinks with a modern twist, head to Normandie Club!
2. For a great meal: Try Maude by celebrity chef Curtis Stone, the restaurant's concept runs on 1 key ingredient, 9 courses and 25 seats.
3. For celebrity watching: Wondering where you can see the stars in La-La land? It's time to get ready, act normal and make your way to Ace Hotel's swanky rooftop bar, Upstairs. Be prepared to see Anna Kendrick, Aloe Blacc, Jennifer Lawrence, Lykke Li amongst others...
4. For a little boogie: Avalon Hollywood, because there's no place like this in the whole of L.A.
5. For modern Mexican: Located in the heart of Downtown L.A., Broken Spanish is leading a revolution in modern mexican food.
What to wear: A little lace dress goes a long way! Whether you want to catch a sundowner in L.A.'s rooftop bar or hang around with girls for a night out in a club, this AX Paris lace dress will come handy! Strike a contrast with all-black accessories, a textured clutch bag, and KOOVS multi-strap sandals for the most modern touch.
Top Street-Smart Trends from New York Fashion Week 2020