What happens when two of the year’s biggest award nights take place in one weekend? With on-screen divas and iconic musicians setting the red carpet on fire, it’s a 48-hour style storm. Here’s the complete lo down on what went down
BEST DRESSED AT THE BAFTAs '17
The 70th annual British Academy Film and Television Awards (BAFTAS) brought A-listers to the Royal Albert Hall in London on Sunday, and we couldn't be more pleased with the style check! A-listers swarmed the red carpet with wildly glamorous and on trend styles — Emma Stone made dress over pants red carpet worthy in an intricate Chanel number, while the dramatic embroidery on Emily Blunt’s McQueen tulle gown highlighted the craftsmanship of couture. Modern princess moments were had by Ella Purnell, Anya Taylor-Joy and Caitrionia Balfe, in Miu Miu, Gucci and Valentino respectively. And of course, we loved every minute of it.
The Grammys are home to some of the boldest fashion risks ever made. Yes, we’re talking about J Lo’s iconic Versace dress in 2000 and Lady Gaga’s routinely disruptive proclivity for futuristic fashion. This year however the Grammys were not just about who wore what, but iconic moments and tributes that were brought alive on stage. Bey owned the Awards - on stage and off stage. Even though she may not have won all the nine awards she was nominated for, her 2017 Grammy performance has already gained seminal status.
In other fashion news ;) Rihanna’s off-beat Armani Privé look grows on you by the second, as does Solange Knowles’s dull-gold Gucci pleats. And while Kelsea Ballerini’s dress by Ines Di Santo gives us serious fairytale feels, Lea Michele, in Cavalli Couture, shows us how you can crop it like it's hot on the red carpet as well!
The pantone colour of the year just had its biggest weekend ever. Here’s why you should go green, right about now –
- Adele in Givenchy Couture: Metallic panels, lace and studded mesh? You go, girl.
- Amy Adams In Tom Ford: This emerald strapless dress is EVERYTHING.
- Celine Dion in Zuhair Murad: Can you help bow-ing down to this sequinned masterpiece?
- Tori Kelly in Badgley Mischka: All roads lead to ruffles in this forest green Bardot dress.
Learn how to sport peek-a-boo cut-outs like these stunners right here-
- Carrie Underwood in Elie Madi: Like they say, go red or go home.
- Chrissy Teigen in Roberto Cavalli: This lacey, sheer gown is the perfect mix of girly and grungy.
- Demi Lovato in Julien Macdonald: Crochet gets a makeover in this white risqué gown.
- Jennifer Lopez in Ralph and Russo: From all-out glam to this feminine Lavender piece, this woman slays. All. The. Way.
The cool reflective glam of this trend turns up the heat in no time, doesn’t it? Exhibit A –
- Heidi Klum in Philipp Plein: Sparkle in silver, from head to toe.
- Katy Perry in Tom Ford: Dubbed 'martini' by Perry, the look was as radiant as the pop star herself.
- Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton: Props to Nicholas Ghesquiere for making a mini shine so bright!
- Sophie Turner in Louis Vuitton: Plunging neckline + never-ending side slit = #Goals
Sweats Look Sooo Trendy!
One/Zero by KOOVS