If you’re going to do monochrome you’ve got to do it in style. Chris Pine re-invented the black-and-white combination for the red carpet with his perfectly tailored suit and the accessories in place — the bow tie, the contrast buttons, the sharp hairstyle and the groomed beard.
We like him…
1. Because he stars as Jim Kirk in the Star Trek series. We can’t forget William Shatner’s performance as the original Kirk, but Pine does live up to the legacy while steering the spaceship USS Enterprise towards newer, hidden territories.
2. Because he adds red-carpet cool to the T-shirt. For the New York City premier of Star Trek Beyond Pine paired a sharply tailored blue summer suit with a white crew-neck and a printed pocket-square. We didn’t miss the button-up shirt and tie that he left behind.
Here’s a sportsman who is always stylishly turned out. Not someone to ever go with the usual tuxedo, Lewis Hamilton’s red carpet looks are archival inspirations for every man now and in the future. Take, for example, the silver textured jacket he wore to the GQ awards, with an all-black pairing. Skinny-fit trousers are his go-to trademark, and he brought it with him the red carpet.
We like him…
1. Because he’s in love with his pets. The race-car driver attended the BBC Sports Personality of The Year Awards in 2014, with his dog Roscoe in tow. Of course he threw on a pair of trainers with his suit, should he need to run after the bulldog.
2. Because he possesses outstanding Formula 1 racing skills. When Hamilton won the United States Grand Prix, last season, he secured his third Drivers’ Championship, with three races left to run. Did you know he’s the only Briton to secure back-to-back titles?
3. Because he is the king of prints. Sporty bomber jackets with busy patterns is the racer’s go-to style. He’s sported multiple versions of it, making it a global trend.
Silk printed tuxedo, a Henley collar shirt, and old-school round glasses, what’s not to like about Tinie Tempah’s look. The English rapper returned to the awards night this year with yet another quirky outfit, marking his rank on many best-dressed lists.
We like him…
1. Because he likes to surprise his fans. Earlier this year he stunned them with a secret gig at a McDonald’s in Birmingham. Starting off his performance with his hit Written in the Stars, Tempah moved to numbers like Not Letting Go, Trampoline and Pass Out.
2. Because his songs are always playing on loop. And the one that we definitely can’t get enough of, even after all these years, is Wonderman featuring Ellie Goulding.
3. Because he makes cropped trousers look slick and smart. Even when he’s wearing a printed T-shirt. Pairing them with polished shoes is the trick, like he does here with these patent lace-ups.
Inspiring Street Styles From LFW 2020
Best of Street-Smart Trends